This page gives links to useful resources to support the wellbeing of children and families.
Preparing children for return to school in bubbles.
This is a book suitable for children and explains what school will be like.
Yoga for sleep – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI9upn4t9n8
Meditation – www.headspace.com
Calm breathing – www.headspace.com and www.calm.com (Their apps and YouTube accounts have many calm breathing exercises and meditations to follow. Calm also has a range of sleep stories to listen to help calm and soothe.)
Useful contact numbers
What to do if you need urgent mental health help:
Websites for Children and Young People
- Childline: ‘Calm zone’ with activities and online games.
- Kooth: Online Counselling platform for children and young people
- Hope Again: The youth website of Cruse Bereavement Care.
Books and Workbooks for Children
- Muddles, Puddles and Sunshine: Your activity book to help when someone has died (EY)
- The Memory Tree (EY)
- Badgers Parting Gifts (EY)
- Always and Forever (EY)
- Grandad’s Island (EY)
- When Dinosaurs Die: A guide to Understanding Death (KS1)
- Luna’s Red Hat: A Storybook to Help Children Cope with Loss and Suicide (KS1)
- The Invisible String (KS1)
- The Invisible String Workbook (KS1)
- Michael Rosen’s Sad Book (KS1)
- The Dragonfly Story (KS1)
- Vicky Angel (KS2)
- Bridge to Terabithia (KS2)
- When Someone Has a Very Serious Illness (KS2)
- When Someone Very Special Dies (KS2)
- The Day the Sea Went Out and Never Came Back (EY-KS2)
- The Huge Bag of Worries (EY -KS2)